I seriously would love to know where the month of August went? It seems like only yesterday it was July 11 2010 and we were celebrating Emma's 1 year birthday! Now its August 27 2010 and we are upon Labor Day weekend! Holy Cow! August has been a month full of ups and downs.
Emma has been sick off and on this month. She acquired an Ear infection the middle of the month. Luckily we were able to diagnose it while it was still in an early stage so there were no issues with her Cochlear Implants. She has 8 teeth now! I can't hardly believe that either. She literally got 3 at 1 time! Her 2 top side teeth and her bottom side tooth so now she has 8! Sunday the 22nd I noticed some little bumps on her ankle and then at bedtime I noticed that she had some more. As the week progressed she would get a few more each day. Wednesday evening we decided that we needed to take her to the dr. Even though they weren't bothering her we needed to get them checked out. The dr said its called Mullescum. Its apart of the Chicken Pox family. Its a virus that kids often get from either daycare or swimming pools, gymnastic mats or wrestling mats. Now that she has it she's not contagious YAY! The down side to this is that she will have it for at least 2 months and up to 2 years. Since its a virus they dont treat it unless its in the face I.E. eyes mouth area. Then they will basically freeze it off causing blistering at the area which then in the healing process itches and the child will pick at it causing infection. SO they dont treat it unless absolutly necessary. So her body will have to realize that it has the virus then fight it off and then she wont get it anymore. I'm very thankful that its not serious and she isn't in any sort of pain.
This month we have been spending alot of time at the swimming pool with Elizabeth and Emma 2. We have had so much fun. It was the first time Emma wore her Cochlear Implants in the swimming pool! Emma is doing so great. I floated and she laid on my chest and was so relaxed and even for a while was kicking her little legs and splashing all kinds of water into my face! It was so much fun! She is running around like crazy and starting to sign some words now! Its so amazing to see my little girl growing up! She loves playin so many games that she has created and they mostly involve you mocking her! She has such an independent upbeat happy girl personality! I am truly blessed by God. No matter how difficult life can be God is so good and he is the ultimate provider and healer!
Emma has been sick off and on this month. She acquired an Ear infection the middle of the month. Luckily we were able to diagnose it while it was still in an early stage so there were no issues with her Cochlear Implants. She has 8 teeth now! I can't hardly believe that either. She literally got 3 at 1 time! Her 2 top side teeth and her bottom side tooth so now she has 8! Sunday the 22nd I noticed some little bumps on her ankle and then at bedtime I noticed that she had some more. As the week progressed she would get a few more each day. Wednesday evening we decided that we needed to take her to the dr. Even though they weren't bothering her we needed to get them checked out. The dr said its called Mullescum. Its apart of the Chicken Pox family. Its a virus that kids often get from either daycare or swimming pools, gymnastic mats or wrestling mats. Now that she has it she's not contagious YAY! The down side to this is that she will have it for at least 2 months and up to 2 years. Since its a virus they dont treat it unless its in the face I.E. eyes mouth area. Then they will basically freeze it off causing blistering at the area which then in the healing process itches and the child will pick at it causing infection. SO they dont treat it unless absolutly necessary. So her body will have to realize that it has the virus then fight it off and then she wont get it anymore. I'm very thankful that its not serious and she isn't in any sort of pain.
This month we have been spending alot of time at the swimming pool with Elizabeth and Emma 2. We have had so much fun. It was the first time Emma wore her Cochlear Implants in the swimming pool! Emma is doing so great. I floated and she laid on my chest and was so relaxed and even for a while was kicking her little legs and splashing all kinds of water into my face! It was so much fun! She is running around like crazy and starting to sign some words now! Its so amazing to see my little girl growing up! She loves playin so many games that she has created and they mostly involve you mocking her! She has such an independent upbeat happy girl personality! I am truly blessed by God. No matter how difficult life can be God is so good and he is the ultimate provider and healer!

Emma 2 and Emma 1 getting ready to go swimming!

Emma and her companion Lucky! They are truly best friends :)
No comments:
Post a Comment