Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Emma Lynne Horan

Emma Lynne Horan was born July 11, 2009 at 9:48 am, weighing in at 7 pounds 2.5 oz and 19 inches long. My pregnancy was the most incredible experience in the world. We weren't even trying to have a baby it just happened. God's timing in amazing. We first found out the day before Thanksgiving in 2008. I took 3 home pregnancy tests and they all quickly turned :) I had morning sickness until 13 weeks. Then as fast as it came it left. We found out the day before my 21st birthday that God has blessed us with a little girl! We had already picked out a girls name but were struggling with a boys name. Again God is amazing! At 35 weeks I went into pre-term labor. I still had another month before my due date of July 26. It was only June 21st fathers day weekend. I was so scared that Emma was going to be too early and would have to stay in the NICU! Luckily I was only 1/2 a centimeter and 50% effaced. So I went home and was told to stay on bedrest until at least 36 weeks. That night at about 2 am I woke up with horrific contractions. So it was back to the hospital. This time I was only 1 centimeter and still 50% effaced. This time they gave me and RX for the medicine to stop my contractions. On June 28 was my baby shower! It was amazing! I have the most wonderful family and friends a girl could ever ask for. We had an open house style shower so I could mingle and talk to people and they could come and go. I wasn't overwhelmed at all and got everything we needed for Emma. We played games and ate good food. Fourth of July was very relaxing just watched fireworks. On July 6 we had our weekly appt and I was at 4 cm and 80% effaced. I was so excited we are gettin so close. My dr told me that by Monday of the following week I would probably have my baby. WHAT!? Did I hear that right? Within a week my daughter would be here? I went walking everyday. Finally on Friday July 10 I started having the worst contractions I have ever had at 2 pm. I took a shower and sat on my yoga ball to help relieve some of the contractions. Tim and I went for a little walk and then we decided to go to Babies R' Us. We got a few last minute things then headed to the hospital. It was about 8:30 pm when we arrived. I was at a 5 and 95% effaced. In an hour they came back to check me and I was in so much pain. I was at a 5 1/2 cm and 100% effeaced. They decided to keep me FINALLY! After 5 times to the hospital they kept me this was it! I got my epidural as soon as we got into the Labor and Delivery Room. I was on Cloud 9 literally. Laughing and giggling. The dr broke my water and I laughed hysterically. I was in no pain. I was stalled at a 6 for a few hours so they decided to give me some pitocin to help move things along. At 6 am they took me off the pitocin and I was at an 8. The nurse kept telling me as soon as I felt the urge to push call her. At 9 am I was ready. She came in and checked, yep I had finally made it I was at a 10! WAHOO!! No turning back now. The bed was transformed and the warm bed was ready for Emma. I pushed for 30 minutes and then here she came! She was screaming bloody murder and it was the most incredible sound my ears have ever heard. The most wonderful hand my finger has ever held! Tim and I cried together as we welcomed our daughter into the world. It was a beautiful sunny summer Satuday in July! We went to the hospital Friday night and left Monday early afternoon. It was so nice to finally come home with our daughter. I was a little nervous about how we would adjust but it was such an easy transition. Once we finally decided to let Emma wake us up to eat rather than wake her up every 2 hours, it was great. She has been the best baby ever. She is so mellow and independent. We found out that she is Deaf. At first it was pretty heavy but it doesn't change a thing. We have decided to do hearing aids and we are waiting until March to do a MRI and CT scan to see her temporal bones and structure to see if she has a cochlea. If she does we will go forward with Cochlear Implants. Which is basically artificial hearing. The technology of implants are amazing. The dr is very hopeful that she will be able to hear and even talk! That is our goal for her to be verbal. We are still teaching her baby sign. And though she will have implants (hopefully) we still want to teach her sign. That way when she doesn't wear them via swimming, sleeping and some sports she can still communicate with us. Currently she is 6 months and we have just started feeding her solid food. She loves her veggies and is growing on the fruits. She is trying to sit up unassisted but we are still a little bit wobbly. We pierced her ears On Jan 10, for her 6 month. She screamed for about 1 minute than looked at my friend and laughed. She is such a happy baby and I couldn't be any happier. Tim has been absolutly the best father any little girl could want. He plays with her and makes her smile and laugh. He doesn't care if has to change her diaper or make her a bottle he does whatever he needs to do no questions asked. We have become alot closer which is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment